Wednesday 2 May 2012

IMM 4: Painting

In my latest painting project I decided I wanted to paint still lifes, and was inspired by the paintings of Chinese artist Yun Shouping from the Qing dynasty.  I particularly like the vibrant colours of his work and his compositions, ie how the flowers seem to come in from the side at an angle.

I was also inspired by the close up compositions of Georgia O'Keeffe.  She has also taken great consideration of the angles and colour compositions she uses.

Below are my own photographs and paintings of flowers, inspired by these two artists.  I have tried to focus on the colour combinations and compositions of the paintings, as this is something that both the above artists do and something I am really interested in at the moment.











No comments:

Post a Comment