Friday 1 April 2011

A2 Fine Art

At A2 I looked at Erosion.  I played around with textures that represented erosion, and was inspired by the vibrant colours and patterns in eroded objects.  Using video work I was able to stress the fact that erosion is a process, and the importance of change.

Some abstract acrylic paintings, based on eroded objects

 Three works based on some eroded rocks.  The first is an acrylic painting.  For the second I layered up coloured paper on the board before painting the rocks.  Then I ripped through, physically eroding the paper to reveal different layers and create texture.  The third is a collage made up of the peices of paper that were ripped off.

This time-lapse style video is of the second piece.  I took photos at each stage in order to show the erosion process through video art.


The exam project I did was based on 'Journey'.  My biggest inspiration was David Hockney, especially his photo montages, but I also looked at some printing artists.  The final piece explores perspective and the use of photos through mixed media (photos on paper, acrylic paint, collograph prints and felt tip pen).



No comments:

Post a Comment